One of my all time favorite activities is flying. I don’t care if it in a 777 and I’m in the back or a Cessna and I’m in the pilot seat, it doesn’t matter as long as I’m in the air. Over the last few years I have had some amazing opportunities to go flying; from a B-17 (WWII bomber) to a biplane, from my five orientation flights through CAP, the last one being a three leg cross-country to Wyoming and Nebraska, to flying with my neighbor in is Cessna. But I have to say one of my all time flights was in an acrobatic airplane named Dancing with Clouds that I took yesterday morning.
Friday afternoon my neighbor asked if I was interested in going flying, my answer defiantly. So even though I stayed up late to get the novel Breaking Dawn, I was ready to go flying in the morning. We went up in the acrobatic airplane and within ten minutes we were doing roles and 3g turns. It was amazing… a little bumpy and hot but worth it all the way.
I was lucky enough to take control of the plane for a little while and it was so easy to control. The lightest touch would change the direction, you could be going one way and then within the blink and an eye you could be going the other way.
After my neighbor took control again, we went playing up in the foothills. Doing turns and flying so close it felt like if you reached out you could touch the ground. Flying over the ground and looking down at trees and lakes that were as smooth as glasses, awaking my wish I could go boating again, but as soon as that thought went through my head we were rolling again.
It was a short flight, about an hour, but it was amazing the whole way home I couldn’t stop smiling. I walked in and started telling my mom about it and I had a smile about a mile wide. I will never forget that flight.
Sunday, August 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment