Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Finals

This has been a crazy month and it isn’t even over. I started out the month coming back from Colorado for Thanksgiving break. I had an amazing time but it was a tease. It felt like I was barley home then had to turn around and come back. I returned to BU with two weeks to go with classes and a week of finals.

The first week in December brought about the last activities with NROTC; from our morning inspection to the change of command ceremony. I was awarded the Community Service Ribbon for my community service work throughout the semester. Perhaps one of the coolest parts about the week was meeting with my class advisor for NROTC. I found out that she is also a big reader and gave me a couple of good books to read (I haven’t started them yet but that is what break is for.)

As noted in my last blog I did finish that paper I was trying to write. It was on Plato and the current Democratic education if you were at all wondering. The last couple weeks of classes went by fast with turning in my thesis paper and taking my final in my naval science class.

Finals week was a typical finals week at college. My first final was on Tues morning, CC101 or Core Humanities: Ancient World. Wednesday afternoon was my all time favorite… Italian, ok I’m joking. I am so glad to be done with that class. I passed but it was a struggle and I am thankfully done with language till next year, where I’m switching back to Spanish. I didn’t have any finals on Thursday which was nice expect that meant I had two finals on Friday (hence Thursday was spent switching back and forth between subjects). Friday morning I woke up till clear skies and cold weather. My first final was CC105 or Core Natural Science. The final went well but I have to say I’m glad I’m done with that class. While it was a cool idea the class seemed unorganized and it was a lot got a final; anything from physics and chemistry to astronomy and geology. After that final I had about four hours to wait till my next final and boy was it a long wait. I had my calculus final that afternoon. I think it went well but I haven’t heard about my grade in that class yet. Just before the final it started snowing. The snow had finally arrived.
One thing I have learned about Boston is everyone flips out when there is a threat of snow. It did start snowing pretty badly and a couple of my friends’ flights were cancelled. I spent Friday night hanging out with some NROTC buddies and watching The Return of the King (Lord of the Rings). After that was done I went back to my dorm and started laundry. Yes I waited till 1:00am to start laundry so I didn’t finish till about 5. It is amazing how long laundry takes and you don’t realize it.

I woke up Saturday morning expecting to be sleeping in my own bed that night. Well wasn’t I in for a big surprise. After running a few errands, one which was to the bookstore to get a pair of sweats, I went to check on my flight and found that it was cancelled. After calling my mom and figuring out everything out I was rebooked for a flight on Tuesday night. Just what I wanted to be stuck in Boston till Tuesday night. Don’t get me wrong I love Boston but I was looking forward to the break. Trying to think positive I went ahead and packed so I was ready to go. It was a good thing I did.

My dad called this morning and told me that there was a few seats available and to call the airline and see if I could get on. After being placed on hold for 15min or so I talked with agent and I got a seat. From there I went into major packing mode. Finishing up my last minute packing and then waiting.

And now I am sitting at Logan Airport wait for my flight to start boarding and watching Step Up and texting with friends and now have only hopefully 10min till we board and then 30 before we take off.

Tuesday 23 December 2008

Well I was wrong. I ended up having to wait another 2 hours before we were able to board. We didn’t have a flight crew. Finally after that long wait both in the airport and on the plane (it took 30 to 45 minutes to deice the plane), we were finally in the air and I was on my way home. We landed about 1:15 in the morning and was home around 2:30.

1 comment:

Lisa4 said...

You and laundry...I laugh. :) ~Lisa