Thursday, February 12, 2009

10...11 Things I Learned in College

10...11 things I Learned in College that related in no way to the academic world
(Yeah right, everything in college relates in some way to the academic world):

10. I will actually eat scrambled eggs because I am hungry but don’t want to wait in line for anything else (Mom are you in shock yet?).


9. No matter how good the dining hall food is and made right in front of you… You will get sick of it and can’t wait for the home cooked meal or even shelling out the money to pay for your food to be brought to you (something about having to wait on a ton of lines just to get to the food is a pain).

8. Growing up you hear adults complaining that college students just want to sleep until noon. When you are younger you think that is amazing but then you actually get to school and you realize that the reason you want to sleep so late it was after 2 am when you actually went to bed.
7. Ok I lied number 7 is related to the academic world… DON’T TRY TAKING A NEW LANGUAGE IN COLLEGE UNLESS YOU ARE A LANGUAGE MAJOR OR REALLY GOOD AT LANGUAGES!! Ok maybe the all caps is a little much but that’s what I feel. Taking Italian was a big mistake. Don’t get me wrong I think the language is great and would love to go there (hint mom and dad) but trying to learn it in college was not a good idea.

6. No matter how excited you get about all the new winter clothes you get… you will get sick of having to wear that jacket and new boots. On that note beware of salt on the road, it gets everywhere!

5. When you don’t want to do homework you find things that make you feel productive; organizing your calendar or to do list… making this list… oh wait I wasn’t supposed to say that.

4. Make a time for a social life. Studying all the time ≠ good → finding a balance between study + = :)

3. Dang making a list of 10 things can be hard sometimes… Ok any way no matter how you think you will pay attention in every class you won’t. As in right now I’m in class, wait I’m not supposed to admit that. Just try not to fall asleep it looks better if you seem somewhat productive.

2. Technology can be a pain! They are wonderful when they work right but they don’t always. Thank you vista for making me reinstall you, it was a joy of a time. Oh and a piece of advice… buy an external hard drive!!! They are getting cheaper and more memory.

1. College students can't read. Yes I know I just said college students can't read but its true. You see there are these big fancy red and gold signs that say NO SMOKING and what do you see... you guessed it, kids smoking. Come on really, can't you be nice to your follow students and move a little bit a way from the door so we aren't engulfed in smoke when we leave a building (that might be a bit over the top but come on common sense, it wasn't just some random book written 200 years ago).

0. College is a blast! Yes there are nights that you wonder why you are still here and miss the days of coloring… oh wait I still do that sometimes… the days of nap times, oh nope still do that (actually it is a very popular past time in college). Ok you miss the days of when you didn’t have to worry about paying for everything but the great thing about being in Boston is there are so many places you can go to do things for cheap.

This was a totally random list and I probably could go on but I really should get to doing something productive like homework or studying.

1 comment:

Lisa4 said...

Speaking of doing something productive before my homework, this was a fun list. What particularly happened with your hard drive Kaila? Napping...I miss the dorms...and cheers to the napping until noon thing! ~Lisa